Sunday 2 February 2014

The Checklist

I understand the experience of those who are finally leaving the nest to move in to university halls can be extremely stressful. When I was packing and preparing to move in to my accommodation, I literally had no clue what to bring or what to prepare for. Everything was so last minute and it was really difficult for me to fit everything I needed for my new home in to my suitcase. So I searched online for checklists, advice and posts for what I needed to bring to university. With hindsight I realised that the majority of the lists included way too many unnecessary items for one girl to purchase all on her own. So I've decided to compile my own list of items that helped make my first year in halls so much easier. 


Ok, so I was quite unlucky when it came to the state of my accommodation. Let me explain. I lived with SIX other people and we had to share ONE toilet. Yes. ONE toilet. Although it was quite a traumatizing experience and our loo would tend to be destroyed after a night out, my room was quite big and I was able to settle in really quickly. Well, my room was my haven, my safe place. So I have put together the  essential things that helped make my experience and living conditions as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. University Checklist



-  a diffuser for your room (just trust me on this one)
- hangers, you can never have too many hangers.
- headphones to block out your neighbor's shenanigans (shenanigans?)
- hair oil/repair serum because what girl can afford more than one haircut during uni?!
- hot water bottle for when you're surfing the crimson wave (ya feel me?)
- asprin/paracetemol/panadol
- a flask/water bottle to bring in to lectures and seminars
- a warm robe or alternatively a onesie
- socks, socks and more socks
- an alarm clock. yo I'm old school and it will seriously help you get up for your 9ams
- a laundry bag (A BIG ONE)


- cushions/teddies (don't lie, I know you have a teddy)
- 3 pairs of lace underwear and about 100 pairs of granny panties, precisely. 
- tea and or coffee
- face care i.e. eye cream, face masks, moisturizer etc.


- secret stash of feminine care products 
- lip balm
- hair dryer for when you've stayed in the shower for a little too long
- a notebook/diary/schedule


- chocolate. lots of it. 

This is obviously not a complete list of things to bring to uni but includes my personal favourites. 


Hope this post helps!
-Yaz


No comments:

Post a Comment