Saturday 1 February 2014

Winter Blues

The last few days might be seen as signs of an upcoming rapture, however to us, the weather is pretty normal for Canterbury. Anyway, let me just start by saying there is no arguing with the winter essentials I have listed below. Hence why I've use the term essentials

Being a student living off-campus can get pretty hectic. The constant travelling back and forth between home and university can seem like the ultimate mission, especially in English weather. Trust me, there are days (almost too many) where we just want to stay in bed and pretend like we don't have responsibilities. However, we brave the crappy weather and crowded journey up to campus anyway. 

I would not be able to leave our house without my big boyfriend coat, my boots and my gloves. I find my biggest problem with cold weather is keeping my hands warm. I come from Asia, I was not made for such cold weather. If it wasn't for my perfect leather-glove-thick-coat combo I would no longer have those babies. However, ladies and gentleman, let me take this moment to talk about my ULTIMATE winter essential: my leather boots. My boots are my life. Seriously, I wear them every day and I don't know how I would survive without them. They go with everything and are so comfortable. It's so important to invest in the items I have mentioned, seriously, splurge if you want because you will practically be living in them. 

Anyway, below are some examples of winter clothing (quite similar) to those I would wear to university. Dark, muted colours seem to be the ongoing trend for winter and they never go out of style. I tend to pair my dark clothing with a colourful patterned scarf.



Winter Essentials Pt.1

No comments:

Post a Comment