Monday 17 February 2014

Oops


I know that I said just a few posts ago that I was resisting the Naked 3 palette but... IT’S BEEN A TOUGH WEEK, ok?! ‘They’ say we should never have any regrets, and because I truly believe that, I do not regret my most recent splurge (Ok, splurges. A quick mention to the Body Shop Bronzer I also bought – you’re gorgeous too). Sometimes I sit here and think, my word I should not have paid that for some eyeshadows, but right now, whilst I’m sitting here infatuated, I’ll explain why I don’t think I’ve been taken for a fool here.



I am referring to Urban Decay’s best selling eyeshadow palettes here - Naked 1, 2 and the most recent 3. In the UK, they retail for £37. Yes, ok, but that’s the only negative thing, and there’s no judging in this blogspot, thanks very much. I’ll also take this moment to help a sister out and suggest purchasing this product from Debenhams, online or in-store, and waiting until a cheeky discount voucher becomes available online. I did this and saved 10% and still qualified for free delivery, and seriously, saving that £3.70 made me feel so much better in those moments of doubt.



So, the positives. When you buy a Naked palette, you get 12, 1.3g be-a-utiful eye shadows – and those in the Naked 3 palette are all never-before-seen colours. That works out at about £3 per shadow, and considering that each individual shadow from UD costs £14, I would say that’s pretty darn good value. The palettes also come with a brush, which is sometimes double-ended, so basically two brushes, and either 4 sachets, or one travel size bottle of their Eyeshadow Primer Potion – which is magical stuff if you have oily lids. The 12 colours range from very, light neutral shades to darker, extremely pigmented colours perfect for a dramatic smoky eye look. Usually, about 8 of the shades are shimmer with around 4 mattes.


I now have the Naked 1 and 3 palettes. I chose to buy 3 and not 2 because personally I think 1 and 2 are quite similar. If you compare , the colours are quite silvery based, whereas the colours in the 3 are more rose-gold toned. To be honest, I’m not sure if I’d prepared myself for quite how pink toned the 3 colours would be, especially as I like a very neutral eye colour for the daytime and I’m wearing quite a lot of grey and black recently and so have been really loving wearing the colours from Naked 1. However, I’m wearing the more mauve-y tones today (Limit and Nooner) and I’m surprised how much I like them on me.

I won’t lie, when I first bought my Naked 1, I had immediate regrets. It was the most amount of money I had ever spent on make-up and I didn’t really know the best ways to apply eye shadow either. But now, I am in love with it! I seriously think it is one of the best value-for-money high-end products out there because really, once you have 12 beautiful shades, you don’t need any others, and the palette would last a long time.

Myself and the Naked 3 are currently in the slightly shy, awkward stage of dating but I figure by the time we hit the honeymoon period it’ll be spring, by which time the rose-gold tones will complement my wardrobe perfectly.

Now, where are those Pot Noodles....



-Alex 

No comments:

Post a Comment