Monday 17 February 2014

Cooking with Yaz!

Just kidding. Today I thought I'd share some of my favourite meals and recipes! Being a student makes it difficult to stick to a healthy lifestyle simply because time seems to slip away between assignments, seminars and lectures. Also, lets be real here, healthy food is really expensive and student life is hard. With your loans barely covering your rent and cooking meals with 10 minutes to spare before you are off to your next class, it all can get a bit intense. However, here are some recipes I like, varying from quick cooks to easy dinners. 

To check out these recipes online, click on the photos below. 

Pan Fried Kale
   

I love kale. Not only is it so good for you its really easy and quick to cook! I really love my greens so kale is one of my favourites. Its high in vitamin K & C and is generally just tasty as hell. 

Corn on the cob
This is one of my ultimate favourites. I love corn. I LOVE CORN. Its one of our favourite side dishes when we have our meals and is just so good. We normally just pop them in the microwave for about 6-7 minutes and they're done. But when I have a little extra time I like to grill them in the oven with whatever else might be in there and normally leave them in there until they are tender. 

Pasta in mascarpone sauce
The holy grail of student life. Pasta. So simple and always good. When we start running out of food we always turn to our faithful high-carb friend pasta. This photo really says it all. 



Prawns and Couscous/Salad
Okay, this may look and sound a lot more complicated than it actually is. I like to buy the chilli marinated prawns from good ol' Tesco and some couscous. Couscous takes about 10 minutes max to prepare and I just fry the prawns until they're good and bam. DELICIOUSNESS!


Mi Goreng (Noodles)
YO THIS IS MA SHIT! Mi goreng is not just any instant noodle. Its THE only instant noodle you will need in your life. Super versatile and freaking delicious. Reppin' South East Asia here people. Tasty, cheap and tasty- I know I said that already, but that's how good it is. If you can get your hands on this you wont regret it! Anyway, try mix up your instant noodle dishes (soup based or not) with some vegetables or eggs. 



Tomato soup and Grilled Cheese
This is a really simple and quick meal. I like to have this for lunch when I'm too lazy to cook. I don't make the soup from scratch because aint nobody got time fo' dat. I just use Heinz's tomato soup and grill some cheese on toast. Fancy. 


Toast
I like toast.

Grilled/Baked Salmon
Season with salt and herbs. Pour some olive oil on top. Grill for about 20-25 minutes at 160 degrees. Done.

Go forth, my apprentices.

-Yaz

1 comment:

  1. mi gorengggg nyummerssszz das mah shit as well.. I like frying it with extra kicap manis (preferable ABC brand) after draining the noodles. So bad but so good!

    ReplyDelete