Saturday 15 February 2014

Wrap Up

So I'm just putting together a quick post of what we've been doing this week. Started it off with a trip to Wagamamas which is our favourite pick-me-up restaurant. I had the yasai pad thai and Alex had the yaki soba. 

We've been quite bad this week and have been doing some shopping! I wont even go in to what Alex has purchased this week, I'll let her make her own confession but lets just say its along the...urban...decay...lines. I've not been that disciplined either, its hard being a student when you need SO much. Want. Need. Potato, potahto. 







Okay, so the picture above shows some of the products I have bought this week as well as some older products that I have been loving simply because my skin is recovering from a minor breakout.
This week I decided to try Body Shop's Vitamin E range eye cream. I suffer from dark circles and over the last couple of weeks I haven't been getting much sleep so they have worsened quite a bit. I've never really felt the need to use eye cream till recently but oh.my.god. I love this stuff! I was quite skeptical at first but I could already see such a difference after a few days of using it. I like to put it on right before I go to bed and right before I put on my make-up in the morning. My dark circles have lightened, my under eyes are brighter and my skin feels and looks firmer. I find this cream quite soothing and I love how it replenishes my skin, however, a couple of times of using it I noticed a very slight stinging sensation. Despite this I haven't had any bad reactions but if you have sensitive skin I suggest asking about its effects when you pop in to Body Shop.


You will soon learn that I use a lot of Body Shop products. I know it may not be the cheapest brand out there but they always have deals on, so that's how I'm able to afford to own so many of their products. Anyway, I've recently purchased the Vitamin E cleanser because this winter weather is really taking a toll on my skin. It's recommended to use 'milkier' products during winter to prevent your skin from drying out. This cleanser is soothingly gentle on my skin and it doesn't dry it out at all nor does it give me that tight after feel. It's really great at removing my foundation but when I'm using heavy eyeliner or mascara I normally have to pair it up with my make up remover to get rid of the remaining product left on my eyes. 



Finally, my most favourite purchase of the week has to be my Nars Creamy Concealer. Oh baby. OH BABY. Thank you Nars for making such a beautiful and perfect concealer. Because my skin is recovering from a breakout I have a few scars that need to be covered up and boy does this go above and beyond. The concealer is buildable so a little goes a long way in my opinion. I use the shade honey and I find it perfectly matches my skin tone. The only con to this beautiful, beautiful concealer is that it's quite pricey. Yeah, I'm a student (TREAT YO' SELF!) Do I care? No, not really. Okay, I'm being really bad right now, but this is my new love. Sorry, Boy. Nars is my new valentine.  



Hope you all have a great weekend!



-Yaz

No comments:

Post a Comment