Wednesday 6 August 2014

Five Faves




It’s summertime! Honestly, it’s not my favourite time of the year, I’m extremely pale and extremely English and I cannot deal with excessively hot weather. Recently I went to America (and yes it is a small miracle I survived the southern heat) and I discovered that I love it out there. Not only do I enjoy the chilled out lifestyle but I LOVE LOVE LOVE how cheap everything is...seriously! Three of my five favourites are from America and I’m desperately regretting not stocking up on the skincare products whilst I was out there. Gutted.

FAB (First Aid Beauty) Face Cleanser



Probably the best cleanser I have ever used, hands down. My skin is for sure 100 times better than it had been in the months prior to using this. It’s hard to explain but because the gel like texture requires massaging into the skin in order to foam up, you always ensure that you work it in really well, something I never really did with my cleansers before. An added bonus for me is that it’s suitable for sensitive skin, so I really recommend everyone to try this. It’s fab ;) And I’m dangerously close to finishing it. Cry.

EOS (Evolution of Smooth) Shave Cream – Pomegranate Raspberry



I never really got the hype surrounding shave creams. I tried a few before but nothing ever really stood out. I’d heard about EOS lip balms so when I saw this in America I thought I’d give it a go. It is really, really nice. On the bottle it says, “24 hours of deep moisture natural shea butter and aloe nourishes and softens skin” and to be honest, it does exactly what it says on the bottle. I almost don’t even need to moisturise after, perfect!

Tervis Water Cup



This is probably one of the lamest things I’ll ever claim to like but these things are all the rage with my family in America. Essentially it’s just a cup with a lid, which therefore means it can be transported, but you whack some ice in there and those cubes are going nowhere for a good hour and the drink will stay really chilled for a good while after that too. It also doesn’t sweat. Pretty cool for the summer months but may lose its wow factor come September.

Topshop Sunglasses


I am that person who always just buys Primark shades knowing I’ll probably sit on them but this year I thought I’d invest a little more into some Topshop shades. These are fun and unique and actually the pink does go with a lot of outfits. I like that the sides are tortoiseshell too, it makes them stand out, combining a classic sunglass element to a new shaped frame. That sounded fancy.

New Look Necklace


Had my eye on this for a while. It can dress up a simple outfit, particularly an all black look. Different for me for sure but not too crazy or statement.


-Alex 

No comments:

Post a Comment