Wednesday 23 July 2014

Late Post

Hello hello hello!

So, here's my super late post on some of my favourite things. This is just a quick and simple post to keep you guys updated on what I've been enjoying. I promise I have a much larger post prepared for my July favourites but that will just have to wait.

June was a pretty quick month for me. I've moved back to my beautiful home in the tropics, so the transition has been pretty intense. From weather to lifestyle choices so much has to be changed for myself to adjust to the hot, hot sun and the random monsoon showers. As June was a pretty speedy for me I did not spend it buying new beauty products or visiting new places. I've just been trying to settle back in and spend time with my family and most importantly relax.


(1) For my birthday my lovely housemates bought me an eyelash curler which I've had my eye on for a while (huhu punny). It's the Ted Baker eyelash curler which you can get at Boots. Now that I've landed back in the super hot temperatures of Borneo I haven't been too keen on wearing makeup apart from some bronzer and mascara. So I use this baby every time I go out and it does the job. Definitely a new favourite of mine.

(2) As it is summer I've been really in to floral scents and I've rediscovered my love for my YSL Parisienne perfume. It's rose scented and isn't obnoxious. Super light and super lovely.

(3) Continuing on with the floral scents I loooove Victoria Secret's Such a Flirt body butter. It's beautifully scented and super creamy. It sinks in to my skin and leaves me smelling great all day which means you really don't need to wear any perfume. It smells so delicious its so hard not to eat it. But don't, it'll probably taste rank as heck. Hashtag you're welcome.

(4) As I mentioned previously, I've been concentrating on relaxing and chilling from uni life and why not dive in to a good book. I mean, I don't even remember the last time I had the opportunity to read for pleasure. I have to read heaps and heaps of books for my course and I've definitely forgotten the satisfaction of escaping from the real world for an hour or two with a good read. I picked up this book whilst I was waiting to board on to my second flight back home. It reminds me of The Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Night Time and I've read the same in some reviews. Its quite interesting and basically is about what the title says i.e. a story about a boy who can see demons and a child psychologist analysing his claims and behaviour. It bounces between the perspective of the boy and the psychologist. That's all I'm gonna say. It's great though, I'm really enjoying it so far.

(5) Finally, my super cool 'Zippo' lighter from my best friend. She got it in Turkey. I mean, look at how rad it looks.

-Yaz

No comments:

Post a Comment