Wednesday 4 June 2014

MAY FAVOURITES!

Heya, so I know it has been a while since I last posted. I've had my final exams during the whole month of May so I had to concentrate on revision rather than blog posts (sorry, priorities right?). Anyway, it is now June so I thought I would share some of my favourite products of May!


I've always had a problem with my legs being ridiculously dry but ever since I purchased Soap and Glory's Sugar Crush body butter I am a changed woman. I have never experienced such smooth, hydrated and deliciously smelling legs- ever?! It smells like key lime pie IMO and doesn't leave any yucky residue after you apply it. This has become my holy grail moisturizer, its recommended to apply this after you've taken a shower when your skin is still a bit damp. It works wonders and has brought life back to my skin! Seriously try it out if you get the chance. 


Okay so I obviously gave in to the Oral B hype. But let me tell you, THE HYPE IS REAL! My boyfriend purchased this before me and told me how brill it was at whitening and cleaning his teeth. I was pretty skeptical at first but he told me to get it when it was on a deal because it would be SO worth it, AND IT WAS! This has changed my dental hygiene life you guys. My teeth have never looked or felt so clean and over time this baby has helped whiten them too. One day it ran out of battery and I had to revert to my old school toothbrush and let me tell you it just wasn't the same. Boots often have great deals (up to 50% off) on these toothbrushes so its a great value for money. Highly recommended. 


So yeah I've finished my L'Oreal micellar solution and decided to try out the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water. I have to say that I much prefer this to the L'Oreal one because I personally find it much stronger and better at removing my makeup. I also felt like the L'Oreal solution had a scent which bothered me quite a bit whereas the Garnier one doesn't. However, Alex once mentioned she felt the opposite about the smell so I guess it depends on what you consider a strong scent. 

Also, as a result of exam stress and womanly pains my skin has been, well, shit. My usual routine was no longer working and I was breaking out like crazy. I recently purchased the Body Shop tea tree Cool and Creamy face wash. Firstly, its great for those who suffer from dry skin/patches, like myself. Its hydrating and is really great at keeping zits at bay and calming them down. My skin is already clearing up after a few days of using it. (Ok I bought this like 3 days ago so I kinda cheated but whatever)


Finally, I know this isn't beauty related but its a favourite. I've only started to read this and I'm sucked in. I'm already such a fan of Murakami (okay I love him) and so far I'm really enjoying this book. I've heard mixed reviews about this book (1Q84) but so far I think its beautifully written and stays true to his style. His writings are so vivid and clear and are definitely great reads. This book comes in a 3 and to not give much away I'll just repeat what it says on the back of my copy:


"A love story, a mystery, a fantasy, a novel of self-discovery, a dystopia to rival George Orwell's-1Q84 is a tremendous feat of imagination from one of our most revered contemporary writers"

I hope you enjoyed this post and I've convinced you to get some of the things I've been loving!
-Yaz

No comments:

Post a Comment