Tuesday 25 February 2014

My Everyday Makeup


I thought it would be cool to talk about my favourite pieces of make-up. For me, this goes hand in hand with my everyday look, because I tend to use the same pieces daily as I like them so much. Sometimes I change a few things up so I will mention those products too, as honourable runners up. I have pale skin which is combination, more on the dry side. 

I always begin the day by cleansing and moisturising. I use L’Oreal 3 in 1 Micellar Solution and Simple Hydrating Light Moisturiser. If I am wearing my makeup for an extra long time, I also use a small amount over the Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser on my T-Zone.

I have two drugstore foundations which I like to use on a daily basis when I’m just going into town or to Uni. Usually I grab my Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum. This foundation has a medium coverage, and because of its yellowy undertone, it cancels out any redness. I wear this foundation when I am having quite a good skin day. If I am looking for slightly more coverage I wear my Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation. The only downside is that it does have a slight shimmer. I hardly notice it when I first apply it, but sometimes when I catch my reflection in the sunlight in glass it looks a bit glittery, which is why I would wear it more in summer. I apply both foundations with a Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. I prefer this to my hands as it feels less greasy and doesn’t clog up pores as much.



Next is concealer, and if I want to do my make up super quickly I will use the Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer. This has a doe-foot applicator, is easy to apply, looks especially brightening under the eyes and a little goes along way. However, by favourite concealer at the moment is the Soap and Glory Kick Ass Concealer (and powder), which is a three-in-one product, featuring two tones of concealer to brighten undereyes and also to cancel out redness.

I then powder with either the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in Translucent or the Soap and Glory Kick Ass Powder. Both mattifying but neither add additional colour, this is great so you don’t start verging on Wotsit territory.

Next, eyes. I need to use a primer for my eyes as my lids are particularly oily. My go-to is the Urban Decay Primer Potion. I then turn to my great pal the Naked Palette. Hear me rave about the UD palettes here 

Once I have created a suitable eye look, be that a very natural look or a slightly smokey mauve look, I fill in my brows using the Rimmel Eyebrow Pencil, using the brush on the lid to brush through my brows before and after.



Back to the cheeks, I like to take a matte blush, such as one from the Natural Collection, and using a RT blush brush, apply a small amount to the apples of my cheeks. Using the same brush I then apply Bronzer in places where the sun would usually hit my face. The most beautiful and natural Bronzer I have found is The Body Shop Honey Bronzer. I like the MUA Bronzer too, but it’s a little shimmery for the winter.
Finally, mascara. My favourite go-to mascara is Maybelline The Falsies.

I finish up with the lips – insert your favourite here!


-Alex 

No comments:

Post a Comment