Thursday 6 February 2014

Baby, you're Lush.

Before I moved to the UK I literally had the clearest skin imaginable, and believe it or not, I had no routine whatsoever! All I would do was wash my face with a basic cleanser every few days and I was just lucky enough to never get breakouts. However, my life turned way round and upside down once I landed in England. The water did not agree with my skin and the weather did not help at all. Coming from a tropical country in Asia where my skin was used to 'soft' water and natural oils keeping my face alive was a brutal change for me once I got to England. Growing up I would rarely get pimples and if I did, there would be no more than one. So when my skin started to insanely break out I was freaking out and did not know how to handle or take care of my skin. I bought so many products trying to find the perfect remedy for my skin and after so many months it seemed hopeless. I had never experienced skin problems before so I became super self conscious and extremely upset with the state of my skin. 

This post will consist of the products I used in first year which seriously helped my skin clear up. I will write up another post about my current skin routine but for now, let me talk about my favourite Lush products. 

I swear I felt all hope was lost until I found these babies. After searching through many reviews online, I finally bought Lush's Fresh Farmacy facial soap.





Fresh Farmacy is described by Lush as a mild calamine and chamomile soap with cooling and calming properties. And boy are they right. I've never used facial soap before so I was quite wary when I first bought it however it helped clear up my skin. Although its effects were not noticable straight away, it helped balance to my dry skin. If you have spot prone skin I would definitely recommend this lifesaver.

Lush was my saviour. Fresh Farmacy was not the only product I used and loved. When my zits just did not want to budge and were all sore and red I turned to their face mask Cosmetic Warrior. 


Of all the face masks I have used to combat breakouts, this was the holy grail. This mask contains two awesome ingredients that help combat pimples: tea tree & garlic. Some people who use this product complain about the garlic smell and although I did notice a very faint smell, it did not bother me at all, especially not after I saw the results. This mask worked so so quickly. I put it on before I went to bed and when I woke up in the morning my pimples had almost disappeared! This is one of my favourite skin products I have ever used and I highly highly HIGHLY recommend this to people who are prone to breakouts. It is beautiful. You will love it. Trust me. 

The main problem with these products is that they can be quite pricey. The face mask only lasts up to 3 weeks but the soap lasts forever. If you are still unsure about these products Lush give out free samples so you can try it out before you buy them! I hope this post helps any lost-skin-souls out there.

-Yaz

1 comment: